SUNSHINE COAST - Wordpress for Business
Full day session: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Wordpress has become one of the worlds’ leading online content management systems because it’s easy to use and allows your blog and website to be integrated, something both users and search engines love!
The beauty of WordPress is that as your business grows, there is no need to start a new website from scratch, it can grow with you.
This workshop is for those who already have a Wordpress website, have basic understanding of Wordpress, but would like a greater understanding of its capabilities, and be able to drive the 'behind the scenes' dashboard with increased confidence. You can have your burning questions answered and put new features in place on the day.
Who should attend and prerequisites
- People who already have an established Wordpress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of Wordpress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately
- People who want how to use Wordpress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system
Students should have a strong working knowledge of either Mac or Windows
Topics covered in this session
- Overview of Wordpress
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags
- Add and order pages and submenus
- Add widgets to your sidebars
- Add and resize images
- Link images and text to other pages
- Improve your website function using plugins
- Groovy plug in features to improve your blog
- Customise your widgets and sidebars
- Add social media and share buttons
- Understand how to capture subscribers
- Introduction to SEO plugins
- Plus more...
LOCATIONThe Creative Collective
11/12 Norval Court, Maroochydore
What makes Andrew such a popular presenter is his ability to explain otherwise complex internet concepts in layman’s terms. Participants in his workshops and webinars always leave inspired by the new skills they’ve learned.
Andrew grew up in the outback and has lived all over Queensland, only to settle in the Brisbane CBD. He lives in the northern suburbs with his girlfriend Emma and his two Labradors, Molly and Dudley.