MELBOURNE - Social Media Workshop
Full day session: 9:00am - 4:30pm
If you would like to upskill yourself in all areas of social media this full day workshop is for you!Whether you’re currently participating in social media for personal or professional reasons our trainer, will give you a broad overview of social media and each of the main networks, and help you develop an actionable social media strategy in the morning. The afternoon will be spent working hands on the social networks you most want to develop and understand better.
Course OutlineMORNING SESSION
• 10 reasons why you should care about social media
• What are the major social networks? How many users do they each have? What kinds of users?
• What about the emerging networks? Pinterest? Instagram? Google+? What are they? Should you be on them?
• The social media success wheel – the 7 steps you should follow to get started and succeed on social media
• Defining your objectives – find out what tangible results it is possible to achieve on social networks and use these to define your own company’s objectives for using social media
• Defining your target market – depending on your geographic location, and area of specialty, you may wish to target different segments of the market. Find out how this is possible on social media.
• What is your brand voice – the way you ‘speak’ on social media may be different to your other communication channels. What will your voice be? What will you talk about? How will you stay interesting?
• Content creation - How to create and share content across social networks in minimum time and with maximum effect – banish writers block and come up with a string of great things to share on social media and learn about scheduling tools which allow you to post in advance, which can reduce your social media time investment down to just 30 minutes per week after set up
• An introduction to Facebook - profiles, business pages and groups and how to get the most out of this powerful network
• An introduction to Twitter - profiles, usernames, RTs, mentions, hashtags and how to get the most out of this powerful network
• An introduction to Linkedin - profiles, business pages and groups and how to get the most out of this powerful network
• An introduction to Instagram - profiles, usernames, RTs, mentions, hashtags and how to get the most out of this powerful network
• An introduction to Google Plus - profiles, business pages and communities and how to get the most out of this powerful network
• How to measure, analyse and improve your activities on an ongoing basis
• And much more!
Who should attend and prerequisites
• People who have established social media networks but who aren't confident they are set up correctly or doing 'the right thing'
• People who are 'doing social media posts' but don't feel like they are getting results from their efforts
• People who have no idea when to write, and what to write about on social networks
• People who want to learn about tools that will help them monitor and manage their social media accounts more efficiently
• Students should have a strong working knowledge of either Mac or Windows.
Melbourne Central Executive suites
MCES | Level 2, 222 La Trobe Street Melbourne Victoria 3000
Your Trainer - YVETTE ADAMS
She has started six businesses, the first a newspaper when she was just 17, and two of which she has since sold. She currently runs three businesses - The Creative Collective - a crowdfunding & digital marketing agency; The Training Collective - a digital skills training organisation, and awardshub.com - an online portal which helps people find business awards to enter.
In 2015 she was recognised for making a significant contribution to science and innovation in Queensland and included on the department’s Queensland Science and Innovation Champion Hall of Fame and in 2016 she was named as a Digital Champion by Queensland Government.
Yvette is a twice published author, and is regularly called on as a media commentator and keynote speaker, facilitator and MC for events all over Asia Pacific. Her most recent book was published in 2014 and is titled ‘No Kidding – Why Our Kids Know More About Us Than Technology and What We Need To Do About It’.
Most recently she has been presenting a new show called Young Entrepreneurs which can be viewed on BRiN, the world’s first business advisor in your pocket, which already has over 9,000 downloads from 74 countries.